Table of Contents
Collecting payment with PayPal Express Checkout gateway is handled with WP BASE PayPal Express Addon.
Setup – Monetary Settings
In order to ask clients pay with PayPal (or with any other payment gateway), you need to set Monetary Settings first:
- Visit WP BASE → Monetary Settings → General page
- Set Payment required at booking instant as Yes
- Check the other settings on the page: Currency, symbol, decimal separator
- Check Prepayment part. If you will ask full price from your clients you can skip following step:
- Prepayment is a partial payment either based on percentage of service price or a fixed price that must be less than full price. Fill either Prepayment (%) or Prepayment (fixed) field
- Check if Security Deposit is available and it will be added to the total amount. If yes set Add Security Deposit to Total Amount as Yes
- Click Save Settings button
Setup – PayPal Express
- Visit WP BASE → Monetary Setting → Payment Gateways page
- Check the check box for Paypal Express Checkout under Active Payment Gateways
- Click Save Settings button. Paypal Express tab will be revealed after save
- Fill in the fields in PayPal Express tab:
- Public Name is the text displayed beside selection radio button on confirmation form on front end if there are more than one active gateway
- PayPal currency is the currency that you may accept. Only currencies accepted by PayPal are listed here
- PayPal Mode is either Sandbox (test) or Live. At first we recommend that you use Sandbox
- PayPal API Credentials are username, password and secret that you need to copy from your PayPal account and paste here
- Fee is the cost of transaction that will be added to the total payable amount (including security deposit if set so) when this payment method is selected. Percentage and/or fixed value can be used. When both fields are entered, they will be summed up. As client selects the gateway, total amount is updated on the fly. Example: If fee is 2,5% + $0,50 then a total price of $100 will be collected as $103 from client’s account. Client will see this amount before he clicks the checkout button.
- Item Name defines how description will be shown to your client. Common Placeholders can be used. For example “Payment for SERVICE” may be translated as “Payment for Hair Cut”
- Client Instructions are notes about payment gateway which will be displayed to the client over the method selection icon as tooltip. As with payment method selection select boxes, this is only visible if there are more than one active payment gateway.
- Click Save Settings button
- As client picks a time slot, price of the service is added to the total amount either directly or by a discount, e.g. because of custom price rule or down payment percentage, if set
- If you are using Shopping Cart or similar Multiple Appointments addon, client can add more time slots and total amount is summed up. Time slots are reserved with status In cart
- If there is only one active gateway client can click Checkout button
- If there are more than one active payment gateway, then client needs to pick a gateway on the confirmation form. Until he selects a payment method, checkout button is disabled.
- When client clicks Checkout button, picked up time slot(s) are reserved with status pending and client is redirected to PayPal website where he/she needs to login and confirm payment
- Then client is automatically redirected to your website and a Payment Confirmation form is displayed. This form includes just basic information about the booking and Pay Now button.
- When client confirms the payment , status of the booking is changed to paid, a confirmation message is displayed and email is sent to client. Admin and service provider receive a notification email due to confirmation of the booking. That’s it: Collecting payment with Paypal Express Checkout gateway mission accomplished.
- If client does not complete payment process, after a time set in Pending Payment bookings auto removal time, status of booking is changed as removed and also marked as abandoned therefore previously reserved time slots are freed
Admin – Checking Payment after Collecting Payment with Paypal Express
- When client confirms the payment, status of booking is changed to paid and payment information is automatically recorded in the database. You can check this payment in WP BASE → Transactions page
- Alternatively you can click on the paid column for the booking on WP BASE → Bookings page
- Alternatively, when you move your mouse over Payment field in booking record, payment details are displayed in a tooltip
- Record includes PayPal reference, payment amount, and transaction time
- Payments coming from payment gateways cannot be edited