Time Base is an important setting as it determines the minimum time for service durations, paddings and working hour intervals. To set time base:
- Visit Global Settings page. Under Time Settings tab you will see Time Base setting.
- Set it to the desired value and then click Save General Settings button.
Please note the following:
- Time base should be less than or equal to your minimum service duration. Otherwise you cannot select required duration. This also applies to paddings.
- For work hours, selections can be made in steps of the time base. Therefore if your work hours deviate from the hour, you should select a time base to account for that deviation. For example, if you start work at 9:15am, time base should be set to 15 minutes.
- Internally, availability of time slots are checked in steps of time base. So having optimum time base (maximum value among minimum possible ones) will improve script execution performance.
These sound too complicated? Fortunately WP BASE offers an auto setting for time base which makes things easier:
- First select an estimate time base value that you think will be adequate to set service durations and create work hour tables. Set that value as time base.
- Complete your service and work hour settings.
- Select auto for time base. Click Save General Settings button. WP BASE will calculate optimum time base value and automatically apply it.