Online Meetings addon allows automatic creation of Zoom video/audio conference meetings scheduled to start at the booking time. Every booking will create a separate Zoom meeting, provided that provider of the booking (who is also the host of the meeting) has configured his account and established an API connection.
Setup – General Settings
- Visit WP BASE → Global Settings → Advanced → Online Meetings page
- Select Enable Zoom as “Yes”.
- Enter Zoom Topic (title) and Zoom Agenda (description) as required. Placeholders entered in capital letters will be replaced with their real values.
- Select Zoom Password as required. If you select “None”, no password will be used for meetings. If you select “Booking ID”, booking ID will be the password of the meeting. If you select “Unique Code”, a 10 character long code will be created for each meeting. Please note that clients do not need to know the password if they are to join the meeting using Join Url provided to them. However in some cases sharing Join link may not be practical and you may want them use meeting ID and meeting password instead.
- If you allow clients Join Before Host, select this setting as “Yes”.
- If you have service providers and each of them will use own Zoom account, select Provider Zoom Account Type as “Individual”. This setting allows each provider to set up their Zoom integration on their own profile page.
Setup – API Connection for Admin
- Create an account in Zoom Website if you don’t have already.
- After you log in to your Zoom account visit Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Create button under JWT box.
- Give any name to App Name in the opening window, e.g. WP BASE. Fill in the required fields in the proceeding form.
- Click API Credentials link.
- Copy API Key and Paste into Zoom API Key field on this page.
- Repeat this for API Secret. You can close Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Save Settings on WP BASE side.
- Click Test Connection button.
- If you receive an error message, double check API credentials.
- When you receive success message, select Zoom Host from the pulldown menu. Depending on your Zoom account type, there can be one or more users in the list.
- After clicking Save Settings button, Zoom Integration is complete.
Setup – API Connection for Service Provider
If you set Provider Zoom Account Type as “Individual”, each provider can have their own Zoom account integrated with WP BASE bookings. These settings are available in Profile Settings tab on user Account page. API settings are the same as the above API Connection for admin title.
Setup – Inserting Zoom Placeholders into Email Templates
You can insert meeting variables into emails using these placeholders: ZOOM_ID, ZOOM_HOST, ZOOM_PASSWORD, ZOOM_JOIN, ZOOM_TOPIC, ZOOM_AGENDA.
User Experience – Client Joining a Meeting
- Client of a booking can join the related Zoom meeting using Join button in Bookings tab of the Account page.
- They can also join by clicking the Join link in confirmation or reminder emails created by ZOOM_JOIN placeholder
- They can also visit Zoom website using their browser and enter meeting ID and meeting password which are printed on the emails by ZOOM_ID and ZOOM_PASSWORD placeholders
User Experience – Host Starting a Meeting
- Host of a meeting, who is also the provider of a booking, can start a meeting using Start button in Bookings tab of the Account page.
- Admin can start a meeting on admin Bookings page by clicking the Start link, provided that they are the host of the meeting.
- For security reasons, start links are valid for only two hours. For that reason start links cannot be used in email templates. After a start link is created and expired, refreshing the page will recreate the link which will be valid for another two hours.
- Only host of the meeting can start a meeting. They will need to validate their Zoom account, i.e. login, when they attempt to start a meeting.